Stop Smoking With Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy Kent – Makes it Easier to Stop Smoking
Stop smoking therapy takes only one session and works because the power of your subconscious mind can influence the way you think, feel and behave, making it much easier to stop. Using will-power alone to try and stop can create irritability, mood swings, bad temper, cravings and possible weight gain. Hypnotherapy has been proven to be the best method of stopping smoking in surveys by Which? and New Scientist magazines. These findings were the results of in-depth studies of all methods of stopping smoking, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
Hypnosis is three times as effective as nicotine replacement therapy and 15 times as effective as willpower.
Hypnosis is the most effective way of giving up smoking, according to the largest ever scientific comparison of ways of breaking the habit. A meta-analysis, statistically combining results of more than 600 studies of 72,000 people from America and Europe to compare various methods of quitting. On average, hypnosis was over three times as effective as nicotine replacement methods and 15 times as effective as trying to quit alone.
University of Iowa, Journal of Applied Psychology, How One in Five Give Up Smoking. October 1992. (Also New Scientist, October 10, 1992.)
A combination of positive suggestion and visualisation hypnotherapy is aimed at making the decision to give up smoking without craving cigarettes. In fact, you will be surprised to find that you feel confident and relaxed not only after the session, but continuing throughout the following weeks. Your friends and family will be amazed at how you have given up so easily!
What about weight gain if I give up?
Any possible alternative habits are taken care of in the carefully worded session and you will find that you feel great without resorting to other habits such as nail-biting or overeating.
What about people tempting me afterwards?
Because you will be able to quit without tension or irritability, there should be no temptation to continue smoking if somebody offers you a cigarette. The desire to smoke to reduce stress simply won’t be there.
- Smoking kills more than 13 people an hour.
- Smoking causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer.
- Smoking is the largest preventable cause of death and related disease in the United Kingdom.
- Smoking cuts life expectancy.
The Benefits of Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy
Some smokers, especially those who have smoked for years, believe that the damage to their health is irreversible. However you should be aware that it is never too late to stop smoking. In fact the benefits of quitting smoking start immediately:
Time after quitting:
- 8 hours:
- Blood oxygen levels return to normal. Chances of a heart attack start to fall.
- 24 hours:
- Carbon monoxide is cleared from your body.
- 48 hours:
- Sense of taste and smell begins to improve.
- 72 hours:
- Breathing becomes easier. Energy levels increase.
- 5 days:
- Nicotine addiction for your body is over.
- 2 – 12 weeks:
- Circulation starts to improve, walking becomes easier.
- 3 – 9 months:
- Coughing, shortness of breath and wheezing problems will improve.
- 1 year:
- Risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
- 10 years:
- Risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker.
- 15 years:
- Risk of heart attack falls to the same as someone who has never smoked.