Hypnotherapy makes it easier to stop smoking
Table of Contents
Stop smoking therapy takes only one session and works because the power of your subconscious mind can influence the way you think, feel and behave, making it much easier to stop. Using will-power alone to try and stop can create irritability, mood swings, bad temper, cravings and possible weight gain. Hypnotherapy has been proven to be the best method of stopping smoking in surveys by Which? and New Scientist magazines. These findings were the results of in-depth studies of all methods of stopping smoking, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
A combination of positive suggestion and visualisation hypnotherapy is aimed at making the decision to give up smoking without craving cigarettes. In fact, you will be surprised to find that you feel confident and relaxed not only after the session, but continuing throughout the following weeks. Your friends and family will be amazed at how you have given up so easily!
What about weight gain if I give up?
Any possible alternative habits are taken care of in the carefully worded session and you will find that you feel great without resorting to other stress related behaviour like nail-biting or overeating. You could also have better control over other habits too as hypnosis taps into your ability to achieve change. Once you’ve made the decision to let go of an unhealthy addiction, life can become easier in other ways. For example, in just a short time, you’ll have more energy to exercise.
Hypnosis subjects lost more weight than others and kept it off.
Researchers analysed 18 studies comparing a cognitive behavioural therapy such as relaxation training, guided imagery, self monitoring, or goal setting with the same therapy supplemented by hypnosis.
Those who received the hypnosis lost more weight than 90 percent of those not receiving hypnosis and maintained the weight loss two years after treatment ended.
University of Connecticut, Storrs Allison DB, Faith MS. Hypnosis as an adjunct to cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy for obesity: a meta-analytic reappraisal. J Consult Clin Psychol. 1996;64(3):513-516.
What about people tempting me afterwards?
Because you will be able to stop smoking without tension or irritability, there should be no temptation to continue smoking if somebody offers you a cigarette. The desire to smoke to reduce stress simply won’t be there.
- Smoking kills more than 13 people an hour.
- Smoking causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer.
- Smoking is the largest preventable cause of death and related disease in the United Kingdom.
- Smoking cuts life expectancy.
The Benefits of Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy
Some smokers, especially those who have smoked for years, believe that the damage to their health is irreversible. However you should be aware that it is never too late to stop smoking. In fact the benefits of quitting smoking start immediately. Most smokers I see these days have been smoking for years and are aware that their quality of life and life expectancy will be compromised if they don’t stop. Motivation is high when you want to see your children grow up and be around for your grandchildren.
Time after you stop smoking:
- 8 hours: Blood oxygen levels return to normal. Chances of a heart attack start to fall.
- 24 hours: Carbon monoxide is cleared from your body.
- 48 hours: Sense of taste and smell begins to improve.
- 72 hours: Breathing becomes easier. Energy levels increase.
- 5 days: Nicotine addiction for your body is over.
- 2 – 12 weeks: Circulation starts to improve, walking becomes easier.
- 3 – 9 months: Coughing, shortness of breath and wheezing problems will improve.
- 1 year: Risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
- 10 years: Risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker.
- 15 years: Risk of heart attack falls to the same as someone who has never smoked.
Release the Need
Some people believe that it is just too difficult to stop smoking. What that really means is they haven’t been able to in the past. However, hypnotherapy makes it much easier to stop and that means you could finally kick the habit.